Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Few Sewing Projects

A few sewing projects completed....

      I have been working on a few sewing projects that I wanted to show you.  I am soooooo behind on my "To-do" list, but I have accomplished a few things lately that I thought I would share.   I made a couple chenille burp cloths for a couple friends who just had baby girls.  It has been forever since anyone I know has had a baby girl, so I jumped at the chance to make something with some of my girlie fabrics.

   I used some light pink chenille on one side and on the other side I used Rock-A-Bye fabric.  I absolutely love this fabric!  I love how it turned out so I hope she likes it.



Here is a closer look of the different nursery rhymes on the fabric.  I love this fabric!!! Wish I could buy more but it is no longer available. 



Here is another burp cloth and a onesie that I made.




My daughter received a sleeping bag for Christmas, but it didn't come with a bag for carrying to and from overnights,etc.  So I  decided to make one.....

I used a ribbon to make the "drawstring" closure.  Lastly, I added a bird applique for a little added decoration.



I still have a ton of unfinished sewing projects, but at least I can cross a few off the list! 

Have a great weekend!
Amy

3 comments:

  1. Love It!!

    Rdhocko1@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    This is probably the cutest sleeping bag sack I've ever seen!
    P.S. Congrats on getting up and going on your blog. It looks great!
    ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting for some new blogs. You seem really talented. Did you inherit that talent?

    ReplyDelete